There is a good chance that you are sick of the mess, the lack of excitement, or the lack of landscaping in your backyard. If your backyard is a dry, boring dustbowl, it may be time to transform it – to bring it back to life. What you have to remember is that having a backyard is a major luxury. It is also important to realize that your backyard has a lot of opportunities for beautification – it doesn’t matter if you have a small backyard or a big backyard. Here are five simple landscape design tips to transform your backyard.
- Create a layout. Before you landscape, you want to create a layout. A layout will help you create different sections of your backyard. Moreover, it will help you look at your backyard from a different perspective. If you try and tackle your backyard by simply jumping in to the landscaping project, there is a high probability that it just won’t look the way you imagined it. With a pen and simple piece of paper, you can create your dream backyard.
- Layer, layer, layer. When you are designing your backyard, you want to add some layers. Layers will add depth your outdoor space. For instance, you may want to have a raised section where you can add flowers. You can also create an area for a picnic bench or some lounge chairs. If you keep your backyard on one level, it won’t look as exciting – it will look one-dimensional and, quite frankly, uninteresting. If you want your backyard to standout, you want to add layers.
- Consult with a landscaper. When you are designing your backyard, you may want to consult with a landscape company, like Morgreen Nursery & Landscape. Consulting with a landscape company is important, because you want to have some expert advice. If you don’t go with the pro advice, your backyard will look very amateurish. You could also hire the landscape company to work with you on your designs. Joining forces may get you closer and closer to the vision you had in mind.
- Add bursts of color. Adding bursts of color is also important, because what is a backyard without color? When it comes down to it, there are many ways to add color to your landscaped design. However, one of the simplest ways to add color is to plant flowers. Ideally, you want to plant flowers that are indigenous to your climate – otherwise they may die prematurely. When looking for flowers, be sure to look for rich colors. Also, you want to stay true to a color theme.
- Create a path. Another simple way to transform your backyard is to add a footpath. Adding a footpath is easy. All you need are some flat stones – that’s pretty much it. You could go the extra mile and grout the stones, but your backyard may shift and move, so you’ll want a more temporary option. In the end, adding a footpath can add a beautiful layer of complexity and functionality.